Skip to main content

I Saw Them

 

I saw them


When they came to look for children

They’d turn to a man who lives next door for solutions to childbearing.

My teenage eyes peeped at them killing the fowl which I later confirmed was sacrifice for children.

I saw him

I saw him blow white substance in the air

They had a masquerade party and the clouds were forming.

The clouds looked really angry

So angry they didn’t seem to smell the powder one time and rain scattered the party.

I saw them

I saw them come collect rings and concoctions to make them rich.

None of them asked why he lived in a one room Face-Me-I-Face-You, I’m sure.

I saw them

After church service, we’d rush home to eat and excuse them so they’d change and perform for the masquerade party.

I saw them flog “reluctant givers”

I saw them return to our compound and transform to humans who wear human clothing.

I saw her

Every morning

She’d kneel at the grave by our window, speaking softly to the bones buried beneath.

Sometimes he’d join her

Together, they would whisper, tend and feed bean cakes to this god buried six feet beneath the earth.

Then they’d forbid us from removing or disturbing “it”

I saw him with his admirers

His traditional attire was a magnet, power, I’d guess

The white garment tied around his waist

Beads around his ankles and arms

I’d wonder why he lived alone then I’d remember his shrine

His gods must need his mouthpiece close to communicate and make money off gullible people

Unlike The Powerful One above who created EVERYTHING and speaks for Himself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KingsDelight2019 - Unofficial Pictures of My Brother- Eze Chima's Wedding to Helen Ogbokwe

October 26, 2019 and November 2, 2019 became two of the best and memorable days in my family.  Eze Chima  got married to his Queen and I have unofficial pictures.... and some social media posts. lol                                                                                                                     The Wedding Programme                                                                                                 ...

A Day With Mo Abudu #YourDreamMomentsWithMo

Hello! At the Entrance. My 2019 started right. I was privileged to be one of the 100 women selected to spend one day with the Media Mogul; Mo Abudu. She is one of the most respected people in her field. You have no idea how grateful I am to be one of the 100 women selected out of 500 applications/entries for the first edition of #YourDreamMomentsWithMo. I got/met a lot of Mentors but Mrs. Bola Adesola; The MD/CEO of Standard Char tered Bank, Nigeria? Oh my God, her story still gives me the chills. I saw myself in her that day. Believe it or not, Jesus loves me. I learnt a lot.. so much that I am undecided about blogging the lessons. I am walking in Dominion. See pictures. The Mentors Ms. Mo Abudu. She looks 33 Ms. Abudu with Mrs. Bola Adesola Mrs. Veronica Odeka Bidemi Zakariyau  The Catalyst; Mr. Lanre Olusola Mrs. Nimi Akinkugbe I also made new friends.  With Tomike, The Host With Adesuwa ...

My First Day In Ikoyi Prison

Hello guys, I was led to join the Prison Ministry in my church many moons ago. I had a desire to help people in many ways by providing resources,  my time, etc. Serving there has been a blessing.  Ikoyi Prison Entrance My first experience at Ikoyi Prison, Falomo was enriching. I left home early to avoid the usual Third Mainland Bridge traffic so that I could make it to the Prison and join my team mates on time so I was feeling drowsy. I was surprised when my team mate said I should not worry that the sleep would disappear as soon as we step in. She was right. I forgot the sleep and was emotional all through our stay/service. Before we entered the facility, we were thoroughly searched. Azzin!! Head to toe something. No phones allowed. No sharp objects either. Then I saw the men.  There were so many men. So many hungry and hopeful gazes at us. We were led to the Church, yes, there are two churches and a mosque in that facility. I was impressed an...