Skip to main content

BOOK REVIEW: Fulfilling Your Days By Bishop David Oyedepo

Cover of The Book By Bishop David Oyedepo
Fulfilling your days by Bishop Oyedepo is a very powerful book. An eye opener for me. It explains a lot about life, choices and death.

Today is also his birthday which makes it fitting to share his impact.

In this review, I highlight the major points that I picked from the book.

- Jesus has the key of death and He showed that with examples when He died Matt 27: 50 -53 which Paul confirmed in Colosians 2:15. - That Jesus showed us practical example of the authority/Keys He's been given by God by Raising the dead immediately He gave up the ghost after saying it is finished in John 19:30. 

- We should ask Jesus for help when facing the horrors of death or life and He will answer.
- The book also says that 70 years is the minimum age we(are covenanted to live Ps. 90:10) but it can be increased to 120 -180 as we want and according to our strength). 

- He reminded us about what Hezekiah did in Isaiah 38; calling/putting God to


remembrance of His word and promises and God added 15 more years to him. 

- Papa says to die less than 70 isn't good. David died a good old age of 70(1 Chronicles 29:26-28) after reigning for forty years and was rich in everything like Abraham.

-  I was also reminded that it is a choice to live long. I have a choice from David who died at 70 - Abraham and Isaac who died at 175 and 180 respectively. 

- It is not something to pray for but to find with wisdom. Prov. 3:13-16

- That we should look to our Fathers Jeremiah 6:16... our covenant examples of what God has in mind for us and how long and well we should live. Isaiah 51:1-2.

- Psalm 91 was called the Long Life Psalm: i.e it has covenant terms for long life. Serve God and He will provide every other thing listed in Ps 91.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KingsDelight2019 - Unofficial Pictures of My Brother- Eze Chima's Wedding to Helen Ogbokwe

October 26, 2019 and November 2, 2019 became two of the best and memorable days in my family.  Eze Chima  got married to his Queen and I have unofficial pictures.... and some social media posts. lol                                                                                                                     The Wedding Programme                                                                                                 ...

A Day With Mo Abudu #YourDreamMomentsWithMo

Hello! At the Entrance. My 2019 started right. I was privileged to be one of the 100 women selected to spend one day with the Media Mogul; Mo Abudu. She is one of the most respected people in her field. You have no idea how grateful I am to be one of the 100 women selected out of 500 applications/entries for the first edition of #YourDreamMomentsWithMo. I got/met a lot of Mentors but Mrs. Bola Adesola; The MD/CEO of Standard Char tered Bank, Nigeria? Oh my God, her story still gives me the chills. I saw myself in her that day. Believe it or not, Jesus loves me. I learnt a lot.. so much that I am undecided about blogging the lessons. I am walking in Dominion. See pictures. The Mentors Ms. Mo Abudu. She looks 33 Ms. Abudu with Mrs. Bola Adesola Mrs. Veronica Odeka Bidemi Zakariyau  The Catalyst; Mr. Lanre Olusola Mrs. Nimi Akinkugbe I also made new friends.  With Tomike, The Host With Adesuwa ...

My First Day In Ikoyi Prison

Hello guys, I was led to join the Prison Ministry in my church many moons ago. I had a desire to help people in many ways by providing resources,  my time, etc. Serving there has been a blessing.  Ikoyi Prison Entrance My first experience at Ikoyi Prison, Falomo was enriching. I left home early to avoid the usual Third Mainland Bridge traffic so that I could make it to the Prison and join my team mates on time so I was feeling drowsy. I was surprised when my team mate said I should not worry that the sleep would disappear as soon as we step in. She was right. I forgot the sleep and was emotional all through our stay/service. Before we entered the facility, we were thoroughly searched. Azzin!! Head to toe something. No phones allowed. No sharp objects either. Then I saw the men.  There were so many men. So many hungry and hopeful gazes at us. We were led to the Church, yes, there are two churches and a mosque in that facility. I was impressed an...